Best mirrorless camera for Canon EF mount lenses

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thomas Rowland New Member • Posts: 18
Best mirrorless camera for Canon EF mount lenses

For probably thirty years I have been buying Canon lens to shoot on Canon DSLR bodies and still have my original Canon 1DX DSLR.  Stuff like the Canon16-35, Sigma 100 macro, Sigma 300-800, Canon 100-400, Canon 70-200, Canon 300 2.8 prime, Canon 400 2.8 and a host of APC lens for the 7d I used for underwater photography.

Problem is time has passed me by and I am now looking at mirrorless bodies like the Canon R5, Sony A1, Sony 7s iii but I am not limiting my choice to those.  Thing is all of the newer mirrorless cameras need an adapter to use my old but still good Canon EF mount glass.  Right now I really like the R5 adapter with the drop in filters but the Sony bodies (and maybe some others as well) seem to maybe have an edge in some areas; not the least of which is battery life (which is important to me since in addition to more conventional photography I do lots of underwater stuff).

After spending way too much time watching Youtube vids about the various adapters to put EF lens on those three cameras (and some others as well) I am confused about which body and adapter is best suited to use my old Canon glass.  So what do you guys suggest.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R5 Sony a1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow