Lenses for Olympus OM-D E-M1

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FotoSharp Junior Member • Posts: 45
Lenses for Olympus OM-D E-M1

I recently purchased an Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark 1 (with firmware version 4.6) and am trying to decide on a lens to purchase. As I understand it, the EM-1 does lens corrections in camera for jpg files. Does this work on just Olympus lenses, or would it also work for Panasonic and other lenses?

I also purchased an Olympus 14-42 4/3rds lens that had good reviews, but I somehow didn't understand I'd need an adapter to use it. The DPreview review on the EM-1 said I could use 4/3rds lenses with it, but the sections I read closely didn't mention needing an adapter. (Honestly seems like that could have been made clearer.) I got the lens cheap ($35) and I'm not sure if I should just buy an adapter and give it a shot or sell it and buy a Micro 4/3 lens. MMF 1,2,3 adapters aren't cheap and I don't know if I trust other's that are out there. Any suggestions for a more affordable adapter that supports auto focus?

Any lens recommendations are appreciated. I’m hoping to keep my total lens cost below about $200 for now until I’ve played with the camera enough to verify it’s the direction I want to move. I currently use a Sony A77 and A850 and have 15-20 lenses (some quite good) going back to the Minolta days, but am looking to reduce my “carrying weight.”

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow