THANKS, MORRIS! BIF with X-T3 and 150-600

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
S. Miller Senior Member • Posts: 1,140
THANKS, MORRIS! BIF with X-T3 and 150-600

I hadn't shot BIF in about five years but jumped at the opportunity when I knew we'd be near the Cape May Bird Preserve in southern NJ.

I dialed in Morris's settings on my X-T3 and took the new XF 150-600 out for a spin. The first day out I was SO rusty. Felt like my first time shooting BIF. After looking at how jerky and erratic my shots were, I realized (and Morris concurred) that even though I could use the lens at 600mm (900 effective FL), that's a mighty big FL to tame after such a long layoff. The next two days I went out and tried to keep the FL closer to 400. MUCH BETTER. After putting more "film through the camera" I felt more comfortable and even started to test the outer limits of this lens.

Here are my two favorite shots from yesterday and today. I know it's boring to have a plain blue sky background but it's the first time I've shot an osprey where I felt like I was the hunted. I do a lot of street photography and it's the equivalent of having someone look straight into the camera as if to say "I see you".

Morris, thanks again for your settings and help!

Steve

Snowy Egret MMA

I have a five and a half foot wing span...tread lightly.

S. Miller's gear list:S. Miller's gear list
Leica Q2 Monochrom Leica M10 Fujifilm X-T3 Leica Summicron-M 50mm f/2 Carl Zeiss C Biogon T* 2,8/35 ZM +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow