Are we still setting our cameras to sRGB or is anyone switching to Adobe RGB yet?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Blood N Guts Murphy
Blood N Guts Murphy Regular Member • Posts: 265
Are we still setting our cameras to sRGB or is anyone switching to Adobe RGB yet?

I have read the opinions in videos and on Google search, many of which are ~5 years old. The general consensus is to stick with sRGB unless Adibe RGB is requested by a client.

However, I had the thought that I just edit with Adobe Lightroom Mobile. I just use high quality OLED or retina displays and I don't print much.

Maybe it makes sense to switch to the wider color gammut of Adobe RGB now? I expect many are in a similar boat to me, with perhaps just a secondary monitor not being suitable for Adobe RGB.

Things are only going to get better, so maybe we should set our cameras to be Adobe RGB to have more colors and be future proof? I understand the proper version of Lightroom allows you to select which one to use when exporting, but LR Mobile doesn't have that option, so I guess it just matches the source raw file (I shoot raw only).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow