Capture One and videos - help with basic deficiencies

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jfriend00 Forum Pro • Posts: 13,345
Capture One and videos - help with basic deficiencies

I switched to Capture One about 2 years ago (used to use Lightroom).  There are many things I like about Capture One now that I've become proficient with it, but one of the things that is getting in my way is that Capture One is pretty dumb about videos.  They don't seem to acknowledge or prioritize that the modern photographer uses both stills and videos and thus wants their tools to have basic support for videos.

Capture One will download the videos and will let you play them, but that's about it.  Beyond that, it appears to wants to pretend they don't exist.

Does anyone know of any way to solve these issues with videos (either with configuration settings or with plugins or some other solution)?

1. Sort videos properly.  If you set your images to sort by Date so that they will display chronologically, then Capture One puts all the videos first.  Apparently, it doesn't know how to look in the video meta data to get the date the video was shot.  I sort my images by date because I have images from multiple devices and I want them to display in chronological order.

2. Export videos properly.  If you select a number of items in Capture One to export and that selection includes some videos, Capture One will simply ignore the videos and not export them.  I don't expect Capture One to "process" the videos in export, but I do want them copied to the export location.  This makes it hard to select a set of items (say to post to social media) that includes videos and then export them for that purpose.  Instead, you have to manually find the videos you selected in the file system one by one and copy them manually.  This kinds of defeats the  whole purpose of having them in Capture One in the first place.

-- hide signature --

John

jfriend00's gear list:jfriend00's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow