* The Weekly Image Thread 22 08 09 #707 *

Started Aug 9, 2022 | Photos thread
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 47,366
Re: Day Lilies from our gardens

The first two were shot from inside the house through window glass so you should not judge the lens on that basis Rich.  I have seen image from this lens with fine feather detail so it is capable, in the right hands and with a good sample of the lens.  I have not shot it enough to get used to it and really test its abilities.  I think the big white would have been much better for me.  I also considered the 300 f/4 with the 1.4 TC, based mostly on Dicky's images with that combination.  I think, all things considered, I ought to have driven to Windsor and picked up the used Panasonic 100 - 400 for $1200 CAD, all in.  It would have been half the price and likely as good, but smaller and a bit lighter.

I am not a birder!  I shoot birds through the kitchen window except in spring when I go looking for large migratory birds.

If I get anything good I will post them, but don't hold your breath!  I don't want to be responsible for anyone's demise!

Andrew

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow