Canadian Rockies and Vancouver road trip gear

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tygertyger
tygertyger New Member • Posts: 16
Canadian Rockies and Vancouver road trip gear

Hi all

We have our long delayed family trip to Canada coming up next week and I've been pondering over what equipment to take to best capture the majestic scenery.

We will be spending time in Banff (3 nights), Jasper (4 nights) and Lake Louise area (2 nights) and then driving west to Vancouver for a few days of city life at the end of the trip.

On the itinerary are the following - I might not hit all of them but I needed a list!

Banff: Lake Minnewanka, Banff Gondola and Sulphur Mountain Trail, Bow Falls, Bow Valley Parkway, Johnston Canyon, Ink Pots

Jasper: Icefield Parkway North , Bow Lake, Peyto Lake, Mistaya Canyon, Parker Ridge Trail, Sunwapta Falls, Goats and Glaciers lookout, Athabasca Falls, Maligne Lake and Canyon, Jasper Sky Tram and Whistlers Peak, Edith Cavell Meadow and Angel Glacier, Valley of the Five Lakes trail, Pyramid Island Lake, Miette Hot Springs

Lake Louise: Icefield Parkway South, Guided ice walk on the glacier, Tangle Creek Falls, Wilcox Trail Pass, Moraine Lake, Rock pile and Consolation Lake Trail, Lake Louise, Plain of Six Glaciers teahouse

I'm planning to take:

• X-T2 body with spare batteries and plenty of storage cards
  • XF 18-55 for general scenery, street, day and evening photography and perhaps some video
  • XC 50-230 for landscape and wildlife (hope to see some bears!)
  • Samyang 12mm F2 prime for wide landscapes
  • lightweight tripod for sunrise/sunset captures

I'm contemplating picking up a variable ND filter but in two minds... any thoughts on that welcome. Also any other must have items I'm missing or general tips - please do call out!

Many thanks in advance!

tygertyger's gear list:tygertyger's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm 50-230mm II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow