Upgrade quandary ...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
JRET Contributing Member • Posts: 743
Upgrade quandary ...

What I currently have & do ...
Canon 6D w/several L lenses, Canon M6 II, Canon M50 (several ef-m lenses), M1 Air (16gb/512sdd), iPad Pro.  Photos are primary interest w/some short video clips.  I shoot mostly JPEG but starting to venture into the world of RAW.

I haven't felt the M1 Air holding me back too much but I also recognize that better solutions are available.  But which one?  I've read & read & read and still remain a bit confused.  Hopefully someone who has been through this can cut to the chase and offer a simple suggestion.

The new Studio has caught my attention as being somewhat future proof and able to do everything I want now & for the foreseeable future.  But it's a bit pricey.  I can afford it but do I want to?

I'm not opposed to refurbs and the Apple store currently has a Studio with M1 Max, 10/24/16 cores, 32GB memory, 512GB storage available for $1619 (includes veterans discount).

Do I pull the trigger on this or wait for a similar refurb with 1TB storage?  or should I be looking at the Mini?

I'm going bonkers trying to figure this out.  Thanks for suggestions/advice.

-- hide signature --


 JRET's gear list:JRET's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M50 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +21 more
Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow