VR Icon in i-menu Not Illuminated with FTZ Lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JimMoyer
JimMoyer Regular Member • Posts: 142
VR Icon in i-menu Not Illuminated with FTZ Lens

I use an f/4 AF-S 70-200 1:4G ED lens with the FTZ adapter on my Z7 and my Z6ii.  When I have VR switched to "on" on the lens, the icon in the i-menu is not fully lit up.  It shows "on," but with a dim light in the i-menu rather than fully lit (like the other icons). This happens with both the Z7 and the Z6ii.  I get the same result with the  AF-S 200-500 1:5.6E ED lens -- the VR on icon in the i-menu is dimmed when the VR switch on the lens is set to on.

When I shoot with the native Z 24-120 f/4, the on icon in the i-menu is fully illuminated on both the Z7 and Z6ii.

If I turn the VR off on the AF-S lenses, the i-menu shows "off," but with a similar, dimmer illumination.

I looked at my Z7 manual at p. 112, dealing with the i-menu, and it does not say anything about using an AF-S lens producing a different readout in the i-menu.

My analysis is that either (i) there is something wrong with my FTZ mount, as this happens on two different Z bodies with two different AF-S lenses; or (ii) this is an undocumented "feature" of the i-menu, trying to tell me something.  Is it possible that the native Z sensor stabilization is disabled with AF-S lenses?  In other words, am I getting VR only from the AF-S lens, which is not working with the native Z stabilization?  User error or cluelessness is always a strong possibility, too.

Thanks for any comments,

Jim

-- hide signature --

Jim Moyer
"Not all who wander are lost."

JimMoyer's gear list:JimMoyer's gear list
Ricoh GR III Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Nikon Nikkor Z 24-120mm F4 S +1 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow