What to expect from the Oly 75-300

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
acfo Senior Member • Posts: 1,403
What to expect from the Oly 75-300

A lot of really excellent wildlife and birding photographers have been sharing the results of astounding skill (and their OM-1 + Oly 150-400mm) on this forum.

As some "normal" photographers may be intimidated or disappointed with the results they are getting I have decided to share some snapshots of a common tern I took recently on a cloudy day. I use a Pen-F and an Oly 75-300mm II for my birding.

Both pictures are heavily cropped (getting nearer was sadly not an option). I only spend a couple of minutes in Workspace to (not) do adjustments. I am happy with these images as they are good enough for sharing with friends and family.

As there's probably enough room for postprocessing improvement, the uncropped files for you to play around are on my onedrive dpreview folder (<- click to access). Feel free to post your efforts here.

Autofocus (C-AF)

Got frustrated with autofocus and reverted to manual focus

acfo's gear list:acfo's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +7 more
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow