M43 for portraits and people?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Asla
Asla Senior Member • Posts: 1,062
My take...

Sagar Photo wrote:

If you use M43 for portraits and people do you mind sharing your experience? If you have multiple systems do you prefer or end up using other systems (FF?) than m43?

if people shots is your >50% of interest would you still use m43 or prefer to add APSC/FF or larger sensor with few primes?

Hi!

I use multiple systems: m43, aps-c and ff. They have their advantages that, in real life, are not that big, but may do difference.

I have done some of my portrait photos with m43 gear (Thanks for Richard Avedon for inspiring). Not even fast lens has been needed. Just sharp lens.

In busy background enviroment I have chosen usually ff, but then again I bet I could have managed with m43 just fine in terms of subject separation (and my fastest lens for m43 is f1.4)

Low light capability might lack a little bit with m43, but not that much I'd be bothered.

Overall I value different systems more because carachterictics of different brand lenses more than sensor size.

I could manage by using m43 system only. I just happen to like diversity a lot!

A s l a

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Fsi
Fsi
Fsi
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Fsi
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow