Adventures in 20mm at dusk

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle Senior Member • Posts: 1,186
Adventures in 20mm at dusk

One reason I bought the Panasonic 20mm, f/1.7 was for use around dusk. The New England heat wave broke yesterday afternoon, so a walk around the neighborhood was attractive. I slapped on the 20mm and walked around the block. I was pleased with the product.

This was focused on the background.

This was focused on the foreground.

Good overall image, but some purple fringing on the bright area.

Our drought is not as bad as the far West, but here's where the irrigation system failed in an area of the neighborhood soccer field. My lawn looks like the brown areas. The field has its own well.

a) More drought impact. b) Good 3-D resolution of the tiny weed corpses.

I'm seldom interested in it, but I'd judge this as "OK bokeh." The little blur circles are not featureless, but they are round and even-ish. Focus was on the fence rail at the bottom.

Finally dark enough to make a difference. A generally pleasing early evening composition of a fork in the road. it would have been better if I'd stood in the street and gotten rid of the pole at the left, but this photo is misleading. The fork to the right goes to a shopping mall, and the one to the left goes to the town center. "No cars" is rare.

All in all, I'll be using the 20mm pancake for low light a lot more.

Jack Tingle's gear list:Jack Tingle's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX720 HS Panasonic Lumix DC-ZS70 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow