A very special day. Two premieres at once!

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Reto B
Reto B Senior Member • Posts: 2,833
A very special day. Two premieres at once!

It is really rare that I was able to experience two premieres at the same day. And that I managed to capture these subjects with the wide-angle lens makes the experience all the more special.

Premiere No. 1: I have never seen this Common Toadflax (Wild Snapdragon) up here before. It always gives me immense pleasure when I discover something new. Of course, this one is not a problem for a wide-angle lens.

Premiere No. 2: This very small, beautiful orange butterfly is extremely mobile and very difficult to photograph. In the last 6 1/2 years I have never been able to take a picture of acceptable quality, neither with my special macro lens nor with my telephoto zoom lens on my FF camera. But the magic little GRIII made it possible! For size comparison note the intruder at the bottom right.

Not a first, but I have only been able to photograph this much larger specimen in good quality once before. This butterfly is as rare up here as it is elusive.

Again the rare butterfly from the side in backlight.

Not a first: this butterfly is very common here and I already have several good pictures. But I like this composition with the daisies in the background.

Not quite macro and also not a premiere but a good ending to such a beautiful day!

If you find my enthusiasm exaggerated, I can understand that. On the other hand, isn't it good to enjoy the little things in life?

Best wishes from the mountains,
Reto

Reto B's gear list:Reto B's gear list
Ricoh GR III Sony a7R III Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM +8 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow