Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
theEntreriCode Regular Member • Posts: 270
Re: Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

I have a small advantage with fuji due to the fact that I own gear and could borrow easily and that would save me money(i can borrow an XT3 for example and i dont think it would be a crucial difference from the x-s10) but the print size was what i was worried about.

As you said... 24 mp will only take you so far and i might end up with a not so decent print.

Happy to help! Be careful of false economy. A Samyang 12 mm for Fuji or 14 mm for Nikon costs about 200 USD and is plenty capable. Adapted 70-300 for Nikons don't break the bank at all. My suggestion is not to buy based on your current budget and requirements but rather on future ecospace. If it is GFX format, then what you buy now does not matter. If you want the versatility of Full Frame instead, then saving some money now will cost you in the long run. However, if you want the size and weight savings, of a crop sensor, then Fuji is an excellent choice. Bottom line is, buy a system for the long run.

For landscapes you do not need, nor should you bother with faster lenses. Most good quality lenses will give excellent images around F7.1 and F8. Most bodies have focus stacking or whatever a manufacturer calls it. Infact, not having this, would be a deal breaker for me in the modern world.

theEntreriCode's gear list:theEntreriCode's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T30 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow