Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
theEntreriCode Regular Member • Posts: 270
Re: Fujifilm X-S10 vs Nikon Z5 print quality

I'm a dual Fuji and Nikon shooter. Mostly Nikon though. I think looking at it in terms of what offers better print now is not the best way to go about it. Look at the over all ecospace.

My 2 cents, such as they are, is that the Nikon Z5 gives you several full frame advantages viz. cleaner low light images, better DR for landscapes at golden hour (although I compare my XT30 with my FF kit in this instance so it isn't a fair comparison); Z lenses, which are admittedly excellent, Fuji notwithstanding. Shallower DoF when needed and the like.

While you have access to more Fuji glass, the truth of the matter is either of the following are all you need for good landscapes and can be built up over time:

1) Z5 with the 24-120Z, 100-400Z and 20/14-24Z

2) Z5 with the 24-120Z, adapted 70-300 or 70-200F4 and 20 Nikkor/15-30 Tamron G2

1mx1m prints will be pushing anything from a 24MP sensor but that can't be helped. If you can get a smoking deal on a Z7 then that problem is mitigated, but I doubt you'll get a Z7 at the same price as a Z5.

theEntreriCode's gear list:theEntreriCode's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T30 Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow