* The Weekly Image Thread 22 08 09 #707 *

Started Aug 9, 2022 | Photos thread
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 47,360
Re: Day Lilies from our gardens

400 mm

Actually Rich, I have not used it very much at all.  The weather has made it a pita to shoot.  The camera is inside where it is 21 C.  Outside it has been close to 30 C with humidity levels close to 100%.  You have to leave the camera and lens outside for at least 30 minutes to warm up so that it does not fog up like crazy!

the out of focus area is nicely rendered.  the above is a crappy image but the oof areas fade away nicely.  this one was muddied up a bit with Nik Color Efex Detail Enhancer which does improve some details but it comes at the cost of messing up the background often.

I am beginning to think the lens may not be for me.  I need the big white one.  I am just not steady enough to use the lens and there is no way I am carting a tripod around.  One thing I have discovered though is that the lens distance limiting switch makes a big difference in usability so if I remember to set it appropriately it will help out.  The local store still has one on order but none in stock.  By the time I return from Newfoundland and their wildfires I won't want one any more!

Andrew

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow