New Topaz Photo AI Coming in September

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ProDude Senior Member • Posts: 3,938
New Topaz Photo AI Coming in September

I was rummaging around today and came across an offer in my email referring to a new coming program from Topaz. Seems they've incorporated their DeNoise, Sharpen AND Gigapixel into ONE program. However more importantly it is upgraded in many regards. They've already fine-tuned it but stated it is currently in Beta with final release in September.

My former complaints regarding the Sharpen and DeNoise is there were times it provided some artifacts in the image. I road tested several images where in prior attempts with the standard programs from them there were artifacts. This time in the Photo AI program there were NO artifacts and noise was completely GONE! Without destroying fine details that in prior attempts it did mess with some fine details.

The real surprise came with the Upsize button where you can choose the pixels size or simply select 1 through 6 to increase its size. I took some small pictures taken back in 1979 with a cheap film camera of a friend in a creek and canyon area I was in at the time in Utah. I up sized it to 3 and it blew me away. Not only did it look as though it was taken yesterday, but there was detail rendered that was absent in the original with NO artifacts or noise speckles or anything negative. Sharpness was very prudently applied not overdone in this case. I was astounded how good it worked. I used several other examples from many years ago and it continued to amaze me. So keep your eyes peeled for this program. If you currently have their Trio of programs, you can go onto the site for Topaz and do a download of the prerelease of Photo AI. Check it out, this could be the new kind of the hill in post processing noisy image or ones that lack detail.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
OM-1 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus 25mm F1.2 Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN | C (X-mount) +19 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow