Help Please - Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V vs DSC-HX80

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
camerist007 New Member • Posts: 3
Help Please - Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V vs DSC-HX80

We currently have a Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V which we use for casual family photos as it is easy to carry at places like Disney World, etc or places where you don't want to carry a digital SLR with multiple lens. We have found sometimes the camera to be slow compared to our iphone when trying to take quick pictures.

We have thought of upgrading to a new model. The one we have been focusing on is the Sony Cybershot DSC-HX80 as it has a greater zoom lens range and I would think it would be more responsive as it it came out 5 to 6 years later than the HX9V.

I was wondering if I could please ask the group there thoughts on this. We like the zoom range for its flexibility. Will we see a big difference with this camera and is it worth spending the money on this newer version. I have gone on sites and have read reviews and looked at comparison sites but I would appreciate help.

Thank you for your thoughts and assistance.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow