D800 does flowers

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
toomanycanons Forum Pro • Posts: 13,962
D800 does flowers

I haven't shot with my D800 since a photo trip to Utah last April.  It was time to get it out of the drawer and take it for a walk

I paired it with my Sigma 24-105 f/4.  It was another 95 degree day.  I went from my desk out into the heat but, hey, hot means it's summer in Colorado and I love summer

I normally don't just go out and take pics of flowers.  I just don't.  I headed over to a pond that sometimes has a Great blue heron there.  The locals call him Fred.  He wasn't there but the small garden near the pond was looking good, so what the heck

I took these on Standard, they are all jpegs that I tweaked the slightest in Lightroom and cropped

For some reason, a combination of the angle of the light, the time of day, what the D800 thinks of flowers, maybe the Sigma's color rendition, it wasn't my processing because if anything I toned stuff down but these images just came out trippy

Ya know, like I used some "Dreamy" preset but I didn't

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow