Sony A7iv Flash TTL NOT Working

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Anj2022 New Member • Posts: 2
Sony A7iv Flash TTL NOT Working

Hello All

I recently upgraded to the Sony A7iv, after shooting a couple of weddings i realised something isnt right with the flash! as the pictures where just coming out underexposed as opposed to bright with the flash.

so after doing some testing i can confirm my findings are correct, i still have my old cameras Sony A6300 and A6500.

the Godox Flash TT685s and TT350s on the A6300 and A6500. both fire at full power on iso 100.

on the Sony A7iv this does not happen, on iso 100 it under powers the flash, only in manual mode when i set the flash power manually it fires correctly, however in a run and gun situation i need the TTL to work and it has worked previously on the cameras so im confused as to why it is not working on the newer sony a7iv ?

i have checked the firmware and it is F2.1 which seems to be the latest firmware on the Godox website for the flash.

Any help would be appreciated.

manual mode works fine on the Sony A7iv however it cannot Meter the TTL flash power correctly.

the same flashes work fine on the A6300 and A6500, on iso 100 it fires at full power and iso 500 it fires at half power both exposures are the same, as i took the same pictures in my room with the same lighting conditions and the flash worked as expected in TTL.

but on the Sony A7iv the flash does not fire the correct power in TTL mode.

Sony a6300 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow