Help!! - G9 all of a sudden switches to bracketing

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KLH475 Senior Member • Posts: 2,233
Help!! - G9 all of a sudden switches to bracketing

Hello All, I am very experienced with Nikon and Olympus cameras and recently purchased a G9 to use with the Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro which I think is one of the greatest lenses ever and which I have used for years on Olympus cameras and on a borrowed G9 last year.

I have my G9 set for back button focus, single shot, center focus and I switch back and forth from A to M, I prefer manual but I do use both. For no apparent reason, without my touching a single button (other than those used for taking photos!) while I am out shooting - this morning at a magnificent dahlia garden - everything is great, one photo at a time, THEN - ALL OF A SUDDEN the camera switches into Bracket and I have to dive into the menu and turn Bracket to Off. This happened yesterday a few times and one time this morning.

Before I return the camera and swap it for the Olympus E-M1 Mark II or III, I am wondering if a) this is a known issue or b) someone can point out what the reason the camera is doing this is so I can prevent it from occurring. It is annoying! I am mainly going to use this camera (or the Olympus) with the M.Zuiko 60mm for macro photography as I use a Z7II for landcape.

Thanks for helping!

Ken

-- hide signature --
 KLH475's gear list:KLH475's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +10 more
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow