R7 - FV Mode with configurable Control Dials?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Karpath Junior Member • Posts: 26
R7 - FV Mode with configurable Control Dials?

I've set up my custom slots on my R7 using TV mode with Auto ISO, because sometimes I forget to compensate ISO and aperture when setting certain shutter speeds (still not there to go full manual mode lol).

But each time I wan't to control the aperture, for example to shoot a landscape scene, I need to switch to manual mode because my C1-C3 modes doesn't let you change aperture of course, because they are set up in TV Mode.

Now I discovered that FV mode lets you individually change the values you wan't too have on auto, which sounds pretty nice for the way I usually shoot.

But the issue is that in this mode, you chose the value with the thumb dial (where I usually have set exposure compensation), and change it with the top dial (where I want the exposure value) and the dial setup in FV mode is not changable at all

Does anyone know a way to change this?

Of course I could just switch to manual mode if needed, but all other settings that I made in my C1-C3 slots are not present there, so I would prefer just using my 3 custom slots with an "optional" AV control that can be turned on.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow