Lens choice for EBC trek

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Clickchick9 New Member • Posts: 15
Lens choice for EBC trek

I am planning on trekking to Everest Base Camp in November this year and plan to take my R6.  However I am having trouble with lens choice for the trip.  I understand that telephoto shots with the imposing mountains will be the primary subject rather than wide angle shots that dwarf the giants.

The only telephoto lens I have is an old EF 70-300 kit lens so I am shopping for a new lens.  Given weight considerations I plan to leave my EF 24-70 f2.8 L and 35mm f1.4 L lenses at home and use the RF 24-105 F4-7.1.  I am after recommendations for RF lenses either 24-240 or RF 100-400 f5.6-8 or RF 70-200 f4L (price is a concern) and I may throw in RF 16mm F2 or RF 50mm f1.8 if I purchase one of the non-L tele lenses.  Also I would be interested to hear recommendations of an ICE to carry my gear in my Osprey Mira 32 backpack and ways to carry the camera (perhaps a peak design clip?).  TIA

Clickchick9's gear list:Clickchick9's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow