Gear for air shows

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mmditter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,297
Gear for air shows

I spent a week at the end of July driving a shuttle bus at the EAA Airventure here in Wisconsin. It’s a huge annual event; I carried thousands of people there, and over the course of a week I saw a lot of camera gear being carried into the event. I wasn’t able to see a lot of detail on what people were using to shoot airplanes, but one thing that struck me  was that the gear people had was 98% Canon. Those few non-Canons I saw were pretty much Nikon.  I had one passenger with a couple of a Nikon bodies and a huge medium format Fuji. I think I also saw one guy with Olympus. Didn’t see any Pentax, Sony, Panasonic. And a lot of white Canon lenses.

This year was really busy and I didn’t get a chance to talk to anyone about photographing planes. In the past I’ve had some interesting conversations and gotten some good tips.  Maybe next year I’ll go for fun instead of work one of the days and see how I do with airplanes.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow