Is camera/lens color science still relevant when shooting raw in 2022/2023?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
KG_Albertini New Member • Posts: 2
Is camera/lens color science still relevant when shooting raw in 2022/2023?

In January my entire Sony photo & video kit was stolen. And as much as that sucked, I see it as an opportunity for me to rebuild a kit but now I have a lot more experience in selecting what tools to use.  looking to shoot portrait and editorial subjects and I got to thinking, how important do you think color science is when my workflow primarily involves shooting raw and processing/using presets in Capture One?

I’m debating in my head whether aiming for a Leica kit is worth it. Sharpness, maximum resolution, and thinnest depth of field have become less important to me. Image character, color, and contrast are elements that I find myself looking for now.

Recently, I’ve been bitten by the Leica bug and have really thought about investing in a camera system based on lenses. The Leica Summicron-SL 90mm f2 is a lens that I would consider building a kit around. Thinking I'd maybe pair it with a Q2 for the wide angle and a 50mm f2 for the standard. I just wish at least one of the FF L-Mount cameras had phase-detect autofocus (looking at you Panasonic & Leica).

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow