A recent visit to Ranthambore National Park in India Part 1- My first time visit

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doxa750 Contributing Member • Posts: 895
A recent visit to Ranthambore National Park in India Part 1- My first time visit

Well, I just didn't set any expectation since it was almost like last minute decision.  I delayed my return flight from my business trip to save about $2,000 difference in flight cost. It is getting a lot more expensive these days.

Anyhow, I made a few trips one in the afternoon (zone 2) and one in the morning (zone 3) and was super lucky to run into four different tigers.  I didn't know what to expect so I only had my 300mm F4 and 200mm F2.8.  I wished my OM-1 when first delivered late April wasn't DOA!

One tigress her name is Sultana, I couldn't take any photos since she was way deep inside the bushes.  I definitely would do one full day or two full half day next time but will have to book early.  Doing so, you aren't limited to just one designated zone and free to roam wherever giving a better chances of the encounter.  You also get to enter half an hour early and leave half an hour later.

Junior Indu aka T-60, one of the tigresses in zone 2.  She was laying down in the water hole with lots of vehicles crowded around the area.  I was lucky that my guide told the driver to stay put and away from the crowd.  Sure enough, when she got up, she came my way head on.  I and one other car only had this chance seeing her walking straight at us for good 15mins.   My first ever seeing tiger in wild was pretty much like a dream comes true!!!

Marking her territory.

Royal walk...

A male tiger and his name is Badal aka T-101.  He is one of the dominant males in zone 2.  This was just about as sunset.  The most challenging thing beside the lack of light had to do with dusting as lots of cars trying to chase the big cat.

I should mention that we waited for close to an hour while listening to his road echoing around the mountain, jungle.  I was super glad that he decided to get up and start strolling along just before our time was up.

Keep on strolling

The big cat put a good show for great 6-8 minutes before he decided to went deeper into that mountain range jungle.

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus TG-6 Olympus E-M1 III OM-1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow