Olympus OMD EM-5 (V1) Eye cup and surround replacement / assembly

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Kenny202
OP Kenny202 Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: They're easy to find on Amazon...

mring1 wrote:

buy three or four. Seriously...I can't remember how many of those eyecups I lost and replaced. There were any number of threads here between about 2012 and 2014 or so talking about how to mount it and not have it fall off.

I actually quit replacing mine and just went commando. Got used to it. Every camera has a quirk, and the M5MkI's was that darn eyepiece. Outside of that, was a great camera. Used mine for eight years. If it's working for you, hold on to it!

Yeah it only occurred to me today that it wasn't on there. Been using it like that for at least 10 years and never even noticed a difference. Like I said had quite a few other little bits and pieces fall off too. they were all glued on cosmetic things and easily sorted. I wonder if I could put a couple of drops of super glue on the plastic mount keep it in place...as long as its just on the metal and nowhere near the viewer

Kenny202's gear list:Kenny202's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow