the trailing edge of DSLR

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SamNC Contributing Member • Posts: 649
the trailing edge of DSLR

Thom Hogan posted an article today in part about DSLRs, being on the trailing edge of technology etc...  Currently, I have a D500, and I am happy with it.  I am seriously considering simply staying with DSLRs for a long period of time, possibly getting D850 on firesale (if that ever happens) along with some good used FF lenses for the camera as opposed moving to the Z mount, which will require a bunch of new lenses (or having to use the adapter).

Are many of you planning on staying with DSLRs, potentially trying to find good deals in the used DSLR lens market as opposed to moving into mirrorless?  Although having the latest and greatest is always nice, I am very happy with the IQ I have now, and I am not sure what mirrorless can give me, so if I can always pick up a few dream lenses and perhaps the D850 along the way, that might be more beneficial than unloading a ton of money on a new system.

Anyone else share my thoughts, or are the bulk of you moving to Z?  My kids seem to really enjoy nature, so I can see me transitioning more into wildlife photography, although I will not be going on an african safari anytime soon.

Nikon D500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NFE
NFE
NFE
NFE
NFE
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow