Olympus OMD EM-5 (V1) Eye cup and surround replacement / assembly

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kenny202
Kenny202 Junior Member • Posts: 45
Olympus OMD EM-5 (V1) Eye cup and surround replacement / assembly

Just wondering if anyone familiar with the process. The rubber eye cup I can replace myself but the little black surround that holds the eye cup cracked in two pieces and fell off. I still have it. I was wondering how does this little black plastic surround is attached to the camera. Is it just glued on? If so I could glue the two pieces back together and glue it back on successfully I think, then just slip a new eye cup on. Or does something need to be screwed off to replace the little black surround?

I was quite surprised actually, being an Olympus owner since my first OM-10 50 odd years ago and quality has always been superb. This particular camera not only did the eye cup and surround fall off all the little metal caps on the dials came off. Already glued them back on. Must of been faulty adhesive or something they used back then. Was never in extreme temperatures or anything. Otherwise camera 12yo and still going strong.

Any help much appreciated

Kenny202's gear list:Kenny202's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow