***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, Aug 6th - 12th, 2022***

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Derek Dean
Derek Dean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,249
Re: Sayulita Sunset

surfoxy wrote:

Derek Dean wrote:

I'd say your trip is off to a good start with this beautifully captured sunset.

Just a thought, but I wonder if lifting the shadows a bit more for the young lady sitting on the beach would have given the viewer a clearer starting point. Now, If she were standing up, with full backlighting, I could see leaving her more in silhouette, but in this case, I wonder if more shadow detail would be better.

In any case, a wonderful image as it is. Enjoy your trip : )

VisionLight wrote:

A - That's a beautiful capture of the sunset.

B - but, What Derek said. I could have written the same exact words because that was exactly my first impression as well.

C - Still, a beautiful capture. Enjoy your trip.

Good feedback, thanks both of you. Trip actually kind of sucked. Unbearably hot and humid, got sick twice, my wife got sick, my oldest too...ugh. Water was kind of gross with some torrential rains washing...stuff into the ocean, so the surfing wasn't as enjoyable as it could have been. I think we're less Mexico travelers and more Switzerland travelers... We started to have more fun at the end, and had some great zip line adventures and good connections with some people.

Anyway.

For some reason I don't want to push it too far. I thought I liked the silhouette, but y'all are right, it's more connected with the more readable woman. Thanks!

Wow, what a difference that made, and I think you were right in not taking it up too far. Perfect!

Derek Dean's gear list:Derek Dean's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony FE 24-105mm F4 Samyang AF 18mm F2.8 FE Sigma 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow