yet another snapbridge thread, abruptly stopped working

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rumple
rumple Senior Member • Posts: 2,008
yet another snapbridge thread, abruptly stopped working

Once SnapBridge stabilized, I used it regularly to GPS-tag photos, set camera time, and sometimes to push images from the body to my phone to show.

I found it totally reliable and enjoyed it.

But, suddenly, a while ago that all stopped.  I can connect SnapBridge to the body - both the body and the mobile phone show SnapBridge (aka Bluetooth) as active. I can do "Remote photography", "Download pictures" starting from the phone, but no GPS coordinates are transferred (and none show up in the "Location data" / "Position" ) and I can't push a photo from the body to the phone, "Select to send to smart..." tags the image with the solid-white lighting bolt, but nothing moves and the lightning bolt stays solid white.

D850, latest firmware; Android 8.1.0, latest patches; Snapbridge 2.9.0 (latest, I think).

I have tried "everything".  Un-pairing everything / re-connecting, two-button resets on the body, removing and re-installing the app, etc.  No joy.

Before I call Nikon and slog through their support, hoping someone will have some insight and/or solution.

-- hide signature --

"THINK" - Watson

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow