RP or r10 for wildlife in typically low light conditions

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sagebomb New Member • Posts: 17
RP or r10 for wildlife in typically low light conditions

Hi All

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am looking to finally jump from using bridge cameras to interchangable lens. I have used bridges for the past decade which I accepted the tradeoffs on due to the fact that the photos I do tend to be very close or very far, and telephoto lens always seemed priced out of reach.

Because most of my photos are in forest, at night, and very often in forest at night noise has always been a real challenge. I was looking to get my first full frame (Previously 1 inch is the biggest sensor I have had on my rx10iv) since that seems the safest upgrade.

If I am not shooting invertebrates in low light conditions, then it tends to be things like birds and seals at a distance in the exact opposite light conditions.

Pricewise a rp with a starter lens, and a r10 with included lens seem about similar in price and roughly a price point I would be looking at getting before a trip in a few weeks (they appear to be in stock in local online stores).

Is there any benefits with the newer r10 with the smaller sensor for my general use, or would the RP still be the safest bet? Also if you could only choose one or two entry lenses for these conditions what would the be. Is cannon lenses still essentially the only choices, or are other good options come out?

If links are allowed, inaturalist will give a show of my primary use and examples.

https://www.inaturalist.org/observations?place_id=any&user_id=sebastiandoak&verifiable=any

If other not R cameras are more recomeneded feel free, though I would like something that I may be able to get some good years out of, and maybe add lenses slowly over time.

Cheers.

ANSWER:
Canon EOS R10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow