Z6 ii Use one CFExpress card and multiple SD cards as backup

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
temm New Member • Posts: 10
Z6 ii Use one CFExpress card and multiple SD cards as backup

Coming from a D750, I used 64GB cards (3 pairs) configured as backup. This was more than enough for my shooting habits when I am traveling.

Now with the Z6ii, one thing that got me to go with the higher priced ii than than gen 1 was that I could reuse my sd cards and avoid the high cost CFexpress cards.

Now my question is, could I use one CFexpress card, lets say 256GB with one 64GB until it fills up? Would I know that the SD card has filled up? I read somewhere that when using two different sized cards as backup, the camera will default to the smaller one. If true, then swapping the SD card with an empty one I could continue shooting with the second SD as backup and so on.

Would this work? Has anyone done something like this?

Thank you

Teo

temm's gear list:temm's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Nikon Nikkor Z 24-120mm F4 S
ANSWER:
Nikon D750 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow