searching for a new camera (budget ~1.500€ for the body)

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Funky Dude New Member • Posts: 1
searching for a new camera (budget ~1.500€ for the body)

Hello Photography Peeps!

i want to make the switch from Analog Photography (i've been doing it for over 10 years now) to digital. I'm getting annoyed by the workflow with analog photography and i'm now motivated enough to finally learn photoshop (i've been only using lightroom).

So now i wanted to ask you guys what you can recommend me, or what's important to look out for. I've been studying film in college, so i know some stuff about Cinema Cameras, but i don't know rly much about photography cameras. I've been shooting with my Panasonic GH5 (i bought it for making videos, not photos), but i really hate the micro four thirds sensor for making Photography.

My Budget is 3.000€ (1.500€ for body and 1.500€ for the lens). i think i will go with an aps-c sensor (i would prefer full frame but propably i will never take the camer with me then cause it's too big). I would like to have a nice viewfinder and i don't need any fancy functions. I want to plan shoots and make some picture and edit them, so i propably only shoot in raw. Good autofocus is also important for me. I just want a camera that focuses on having good raw pictures, so i have a lot of information to work with in editing (sorry maybe my lack of photography knowledge, makes me say things which are inaccurate, but i hope you know what i mean). Good dynamic range would also be nice and low light performance would be a cool bonus, but is not my highest priority. The body should be not extremely big.

When i make the research, everybody says that the Fujifilm xt series is very good, so i thought about buying the fujifilm xt-4 (ok it's a bit more than 1.500€ but that's fine for me). Then i've heard that the fujifilm xt30 ii is like the xt-4, if you only look at how the picture looks, but has not that many fancy functions (that i won't use anyways) and the body is maybe not so robust (which is fine for me).

I'm very thankful for any suggestion of a camera or for any tip on what i have to look out for, when i do my own research (i know there are a lot of sites which explains what to look out for, but it feels for me that these tips are often for complete photography beginners). And sorry if my english is not perfect, it's not my mother tongue.

Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow