Kolkata [Calcutta], India photo locations

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tlinn
tlinn Contributing Member • Posts: 577
Kolkata [Calcutta], India photo locations

I'm at the beginning stages of planning a trip to India. I've already spent time in Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Jim Corbett. These locations are all amazing but they are also low hanging fruit in the sense that it is relatively simple to research where you want to go shoot.

On this trip, I'm trying to go to new places including Kolkata. Information on good photographic locations here is harder to find. In India in particular, tourist attractions and good photo locations aren't necessarily the same places. I'm less interested in monuments and large British colonial buildings with manicured gardens and more interested in street markets, temples, and neighborhoods where craftsmen still manufacture goods by hand.

So with that said, does anyone who is familiar with Kolkata have any suggestions? I'm also interested in the most conveniently located area to stay in the city. Thanks in advance to anyone with ideas.

tlinn's gear list:tlinn's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 100-500mm F4.5-7.1L IS USM Canon RF 85mm F2 Macro IS STM +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow