Fuji XF27 lens hood with filter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GerardDeBeste New Member • Posts: 2
Fuji XF27 lens hood with filter

Hi all,

I just got myself a XF27 (old version) for my X-T20.

The pre owner did put a filter on top of it (Menter HS Pro MC UV). It's a slim model and the original lens cap does still fit.

But i want to use this setup as a point a shoot set so Quick out of the pocket and ready to go.

So i ordered a LH-XF27 lenshood. Fits perfectly (of course) without filter, but with filter not so much. There is quite a distance to the filter glass since the lenshood does screw into the filter. That's not a problem, goes smooth. But probably there is not so much 'screw thread' available inside that filer.

What doe you guys think? Is this causing unwanted vignetting? It does actually fit nicely in the pocket i did buy. And I'm convinced that I don't need a lens cap any more.

Equipement: X-T20 + XF27 + UV filter + LH-XF27 lens hood. Fits perfectly in a Starblitz Glasgow10 bag!!

The only question is vignetting or not. And how can I test that in a proper way?

XF27 with filter and lens hood on top of it

Quite a distance to the lens

Original lens hood

Easily in perfect bag. No stress. Without lens cap. 100% ok!

Thanks in advance for getting back to me.

Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow