Who would buy a K-mount MILC ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
henricoo Regular Member • Posts: 155
Who would buy a K-mount MILC ?

Reading all these threads about the future and livability of the Pentax brand, my opinion is that it is most likely that the big Ricoh-holding slowly keep on launching new and updated K-mount lenses and OVF-bodies as long as it is profitable. They might do this with low marketing costs, low R&D costs and a bit higher pricing knowing there still is a big enough user base of K-mount glass.

But, in case Ricoh refreshes its strategy, invest some in R&D and besides the OVF-bodies launches a FF K2 and APS-C K4 K-mount MILC (I know, that means a bit thicker body than the competition), but also cameras with all the advantages of the A/R/Z bodies of the competition. Would you be interested in such products on which you can use your 50 years old / and brand new K-mount lenses better than with adapters on the competition?

My opinion is that this is the only long term life line of Pentax, being a brand with big loyalty to existing lens owners and offering the best old school OVF-bodies for those who swear tho these, and offering MILC bodies for those who adore all the advantages MILC's these days offer, despite some EVF disadvantages.

For some people here OVF or EVF are religions, but I would like to use both preferable with the same lenses. Am I the only one?

henricoo's gear list:henricoo's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Pentax K-01 Pentax KP Pentax K-1 II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
K0d
K0d
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow