LR export to PS changes image

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
theninth
theninth Regular Member • Posts: 266
LR export to PS changes image

Today I noticed when editing an image that it slightly changed after export from Lightroom to Photoshop.

I use the "Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2022" function to export the image to Photoshop. The settings I use for that are TIFF, ProPhoto RGB, 16 Bit and ZIP compression. I tried also the other options for those settings (PSD, sRGB, 8 Bit, without compression) but the effect remained the same. Also the problem seems to be not directly related to Photoshop, when exporting the image to Silver Efex Pro I see exactly the same change. Also interesting, when using "Open as Smart Object in Photoshop" the change is visible in the same manner. When opening the Smart Object in Camera RAW the image is shown as it is original, without the change.

Below the image where I noticed this, you can see the difference in the bokeh in the lower right corner. There is circle-like pattern already in the original image, but in the exported image the lines get a bit finer and are more pronounced.

Does anyone have a clue why the export is changing the image, and if this is somehow avoidable?

-- hide signature --
 theninth's gear list:theninth's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow