Come on, Nikon, issue the R7 and R10 killers, now!

Started 3 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NikonMan09
NikonMan09 Contributing Member • Posts: 663
Come on, Nikon, issue the R7 and R10 killers, now!

Recently, I have been following closely what's happening on the Canon R side of DPR, and it appears the R7 and R10 cameras are doing very well, despite some rough spots.  In terms of AF-C, they seem equally capable cameras superior to any of the Nikon cameras, except perhaps the Z9, and IQ is decent.  There is a thread where many are commenting that the AF of the R7 is superior to that of the D500 and represents two generations of advance.  At least one significant contributor to this Z forum purchased an R7.  I am quite a bit disappointed that Nikon is dragging its feet with offering comparable DX ML cameras, and am concerned this is not a good business position for them.  I was a Minolta loyalist in the film days, but they blew the transition to digital and got out of the business, and I ended up starting from scratch with Nikon.  Is Nikon perhaps challenged in the AF side of ML technology?

In the meantime, my Nikon DX DSLR's and F-lenses continue to serve my needs well.  For me completely switching over to a ML system is not a matter of urgency, but I would like to do it eventually and have an experience similar to that with DX DSLR's without starting over from scratch.  (I am now retired.)   State-of-the art AF-C interests me, but not at a Z9 price premium.

Say all you want about Nikon focusing more on the higher end, but many of us loyalists were well-served with Nikon DX DSLR's and I don't like the fact that Nikon seems to be ignoring this segment.  A measly Z30 IMO does not cut it!

Come on Nikon, do your best for ALL your loyalists.  Issue the R7 and R10 killers NOW!

-- hide signature --

Fred
Shot Minolta SLR/DSLR and Sony DSLR 1978-2008. Switched to Nikon in 2009.

NikonMan09's gear list:NikonMan09's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon D7500 Nikon Z fc Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +14 more
Canon EOS R10 Canon EOS R7 Nikon D500 Nikon Z30 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow