Posting images: Curious why we are different from the rest

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Docno Veteran Member • Posts: 5,128
Posting images: Curious why we are different from the rest

A couple of weeks ago, someone here posted an image and was told in somewhat dismissive terms, that this is an equipment oriented forum and not to expect much appreciation for ‘technically flawed artsy images’ (which I felt was an unfair assessment). Out of curiosity, I just checked the first pages of several other forums, and indeed, we have the lowest number of image postings. Closest to us are the Canon R and Nikon Z forums, both of which have approximately twice the image posts as us (8 vs 15 and 16). Leica, Fujifilm X, Four Thirds, and Sony APS-C forums all have much higher numbers of image posts. Leica, for example, has 32 image posts on its first page, four times our number.  [Yes, I know this could be just sampling ‘error’, but I’ve had this impression for a while].
So is this really the case? What might be the reason and what does it say about us?

Docno's gear list:Docno's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony RX100 IV Sony a7R II Sony a7 IV Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
lft
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow