I Said NO to the Z9 Locked

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
MrHollywood
MrHollywood Senior Member • Posts: 3,961
I Said NO to the Z9

I've found my desire for the Z9 an almost irresistible force in recent months, but working and producing a feature film and writing/directing have minimized my still shooting time. Still, I fully expected to own one soon...

Until last night!

My buddy in NY had orders with Amazon and B&H. Both came through and he offered me the second body. Yay for me!

And I nearly hit the send button on Venmo before reconsidering and experiencing a RARE moment of logic when it comes to by Nikon NAS.

1) The Z9 is already an aging body and a Z8 or Z7III isn't all that far off. It will be, in many respects, superior to the Z9 while not forcing me into the full size body.

2) I really have zero issues with the Z7II. It has proven to be a perfect replacement for my D850.

So...I passed on the Z9 and it's going to another and honestly, more needy soul! I'll continue with the Z7II until the next round and be patient. Now where's that 200-600?!

Robert

-- hide signature --

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

MrHollywood's gear list:MrHollywood's gear list
Nikon D850 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Art Nikon 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Sony RX100 VI +22 more
Nikon D850 Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow