***This week with your a7x/a9x/a1, July 30th - Aug 5th, 2022***

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
WhistlerNorth Contributing Member • Posts: 577
Re: BC Great Bear Rain Forest

rogerjosem wrote:

Excellent series. Well done 🙂

Thanks Roger,  I tried to show some of the diversity of the area and the weather.

I am still going through editing my photos of that 11 day trip and posting pictures as I go. 
I took almost all in raw so often I do not know what I have until I edit it. Lots of varying light and white balance figuring out. Learning as I go,  We had a real mix bag of weather conditions—- eventually felt comfortable using my camera with a rain sleeve but took awhile to trust it . What I did figure out though is that my Sigma 100-400 took better photos at 1/500th of a second most of time rather than 1/1000— expect more light helped and focus seemed better, it seems.  That too is a learning curve with minimal shutter speed and exposure adjustments with different backgrounds of dark and light around the animals.

WhistlerNorth's gear list:WhistlerNorth's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony a7 IV Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow