Do you think Canon will release a lot of RF-s lenses?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Alan Kett
Alan Kett Regular Member • Posts: 327
Re: Do you think Canon will release a lot of RF-s lenses?

I'm thinking of the R7 as my prime body in the near future, once there are more reviews out there. I currently have an M6 and the M 18-150, 11-22, 22, and 32, plus a suite of older M4/3 bodies and lenses. If the R7 pans out and there's an adequate selection of RF-S lenses, I'll sell off the M kit and most of the M4/3 and consolidate on RF-S.

For my needs, RF-S would be a solid setup, but I would need equivalents of the M 11-22 and M 22, plus a fast prime like the M 32 and a wider zoom than the 18-150. I've no interest in FF and FF lenses. Not into  in hauling around big and heavy bodies and lenses for my casual travel and hobby needs.

I'm holding off until it becomes clear Canon will flesh out the RF-S lineup with suitable smaller and lighter weight lenses. If that doesn't pan out, the M6 and lenses work just fine, as does my M4/3 kit, and both outfits fit into a small Domke shoulder bag.

Alan

Alan Kett's gear list:Alan Kett's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X30 Panasonic ZS100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 +34 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow