Based only on color/ Z6, Z7, Z6ii, Z7ii, Z9

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
johnanderson Regular Member • Posts: 259
Re: Based only on color/ Z6, Z7, Z6ii, Z7ii, Z9

nikpharm wrote:

johnanderson wrote:

Interesting topic thanks for posting this. Colours on my d200, d700, fuji s5 pro...are much more pleasing than modern bodies which I own. I tend to think of each sensor having a unique signature. Some might argue you can get them close to each other but that is a lot of work if you want to display that signature off the bat in your images with a slight edit...it is still plain as day to see. Even if I am editing...and I deal with very complex photoshop at times...moving shifted colours about is not easy nor fun, and an additional step - besides I am yet to see a d800 shot look like what the d200 does off the bat. A better starting point if you will, certainly in jpg but also in a raw convertor.

I am colour calibrated and using a high end eizo so I do see these things, perhaps more than the average shooter that is so used to the latest bodies that colour sometimes is not as pleasing on.

Have you tried any Z camera mentioned in the title and your opinion about their colors.

I tried z7 for a month returned it just before the amazon return window expired. Unfortunately only way these days as I don't trust what is written in this forum. Too much protectionism, deleted threads when the topic doesn't suit etc or if nikon takes a bashing too much. To be totally fair...colour...I did not even get to that. Was too frustrated with how bad eye ef was and how it was sold as a next big thing by nikon. So i had way too much time taken up and wasted on something that just isn't up to par to even look at the other things.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
FKS
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow