First Digital Camera

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
muhammed mathers New Member • Posts: 9
First Digital Camera

Hello! I'm a beginner photographer looking to my first digital camera. I currently have a film Olympus om-1 and have only ever shot on that, my phone and old disposable cameras my parents got me. I dearly love shooting on film, probably more than I should, but I want a decent camera to take out and just take pictures of everything without spending $20-50 on a single roll of kodak.

With that being said, I'm looking for something lighter with good detail and colors. I mainly like shooting landscape or streets but I do like having a bit of versatility.

So far I've been recommended and interested in the Canon Rebel T7, Sony a6300, Sony a7r, Olympus Om-d Em-1 MkII, and the Fujifilm x-t30. I'm most likely going to buy something used purely because I don't actually have the money to buy something crazy nice/expensive right now. Plus there's a few used camera stores near me that have a lot of stock at good prices.

So far I think the Canon T7 is one of the better options with the 24 mp and being pretty light and only ~$350-400. However I see a lot of photographers using sony currently and I'm able to spend up to around $600 give or take a bit, so I'm considering Sony because I could possibly keep my lenses as I upgrade bodies later down the road.

Any advice/critique is welcome, I know I've probably said something naive or oblivious so let me know because I'd like to learn.

Thank you!

Canon EOS Rebel T7 (EOS 2000D) Sony a6300 Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow