Valued Customer Regular Member • Posts: 346
Re: GFX 100S L-Bracket Comparison

Painter19 wrote:

Valued Customer wrote:

Painter19 wrote:

FujiFullCircle wrote:

JimKasson wrote:

FujiFullCircle wrote:

I'm still waiting for mine to ship... one thing I noticed from Jim's photos, in comparison to the Fuji baseplate and the SmallRig plate, is that the RRS is lacking a protrusion near the front of the handgrip that seems like it fits into the body of the camera and would help reduce the tendency of the plate to twist?

There is no twisting when the RRS plate is on the camera, even if it's not torqued down hard.

Good to know! It's just interesting that it is missing a part of the design of the Fuji plate and that even SmallRig mimics. I'm looking forward to getting mine - ordered in August!

I see the last post in this thread was made 10 mos. ago, but i just took delivery on a 50s II and am shopping for an L-bracket. Just wondering what the lay of the land is now ? How are folks with the RRS (2-piece?) feeling about it? How are people feeling about the 3 brackets reviewed in the thread earlier? Are there any new alternatives worth considering? I’ll just add I’m thinking to keep the bracket attached most of the time, so am looking for something comfortable. Maybe with the 50s II ibis I’ll be hand holding a lot? That would be nice. Thanks for any thoughts!

SmallRig Arca-Swiss L-Bracket for FUJIFILM GFX 100S Camera -3232

is on eBay right now for 92% off or about $6.62. It is the Small Rig part of eBay and I just grabbed on so they have one left of the ten they were selling.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294215190643?hash=item4480978873:g:txAAAOSwpCJg5Bfx

As for everyday use I live the MHG-GFX S grip plate made by Fuji. It stays on camera all the time but does not have an L.

Thanks very much! - I got it! Still interested in exploring alternatives, and hearing any other thoughts on L-brackets for the 50s II, but at that price I’ll have a backup, and something to compare to if nothing else. Thanks again.

Yup, I laughed when saw price.  The mod also has a good review of brackets.  For me the Fuji grip is so smooth.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
MOD JimKasson
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow