Alpha 1 Screen Protector - can't find the old thread

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Gregor Samsa
Gregor Samsa Regular Member • Posts: 375
Re: Alpha 1 Screen Protector - can't find the old thread

I bought a 4 pack of cheapo ones on Amazon a couple of years ago, for my A7iii. Went on perfectly, but after a couple of days, the top left edge detached. It didn't get any worse over the next 2 years. Got an A1 the other week and put one on that (and replaced the A7iii one). Sure enough, a couple of days in, the one on the A1 started detaching in the exact same spot. The new one on the A7iii is perfect, but of course I haven't been using it since the A1 arrived.

It's nose grease. My substantially proportioned proboscis rubs off this area when I'm shooting with the EVF (which I do almost all the time). My skincare regime is also clearly not conducive to protecting modern photographic equipment.

Anyway, I'm not pushed about it. The screen protector is still doing its job (I did get a scratch on my unprotected A77 screen years ago). The detaching doesn't get any worse, and is only in the extreme top left edge barely interfering with the image area of the screen. I use the EVF for almost everything, including viewing images and changing menu settings (saves me taking off my glasses  and squinitng, or holding my camera at an exaggerated arms length to see the back screen).

Gregor Samsa's gear list:Gregor Samsa's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7 III Sony a1 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 50mm F1.8 +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow