Canon EF 300L f4 IS on R7/R10

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TeeJay626 Contributing Member • Posts: 565
Canon EF 300L f4 IS on R7/R10

Well, it doesn't work....at all.  I have both the R7 and R10 and decided to pick up a "like new" used copy of the Canon EF 300L f4 IS.  I had this lens in the past and it gave great results on my 60D and 77D.  I'm using the base Canon EF-EOS R adapter.

On both the R7 and R10, the lens will work for a few minutes.  IS takes forever to disengage, and will eventually hard lock the camera.  Some times you just get the Error 40 message.  Also, the images were strikingly soft.  This was happening with 2 different adapters.

Now, it could be a faulty lens, for sure.  The lens itself looks brand new with no physical flaws, but of course the electronics could be bad.  I also have the EF 70-300 nano USM II lens and it works great on both bodies.

Here is the best shot I got during testing.  The camera locked up after this shot.  All other images were very soft.

TeeJay626's gear list:TeeJay626's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H55 Canon EOS R7 Canon EOS R10 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 77D / EOS 9000D Canon EOS R10 Canon EOS R7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow