* The Weekly Image Thread 22 07 29 #705 *

Started 5 months ago | Photos thread
Rich Z
Rich Z Forum Pro • Posts: 16,362
Around Humboldt Bay

Out for pictures last Monday and had some luck.

That's a Korean cable-layer behind the Humboldt Bay Ferry M.V. Madaket shot from the Del Norte St. Pier behind Costco where I had just got one of their $1.50 foot-long hot dogs.

I ended up on Woodley Island for a mile long walk along the marina and back.

Some sort of commotion going on out in the channel. Gulls, so it must be something dead they've found.

Parked in one of the marina's parking lots. I included this for Dave, as I know how he likes Yamaha sport bikes. Yamaha tried hard to make it look like a Harley. They even got the weight right, I looked it up. Yamaha star, 997 pounds dry weight. In Britain I imagine this would be licensed as a lorry.

Well, this won't end well, for the gull, I hope. It wants the harbor seal's fish. I think the seal was taunting the gull.

I was lucky I remembered to change to the MZ 12-200 before I left my bag in the car.

The seal is not leaving with the fish. The gull is thinking it over.

I can't think of any reason the seal is doing this other than to mess with the gull. I don't like gulls and would enjoy seeing and photographing this one get his.

Lure him in.

The gull pounced and the seal submerged and did not come back.  I think the gull is standing on the seal.  The gull got a bit of fish and flew off.

That's all. Rich

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow