Stylus 1, 1s Setup Suggestions *** Revised 10-7-19 ***

Started Oct 7, 2019 | Discussions thread
OP elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 18,144
Re: Stylus 1, 1s Setup Suggestions *** Revised 10-7-19 ***

Glad I was able to help, they are my favorite complimentary pair.

Way back, early VCR's, horrible instructions/translations, many very intelligent friends could not even set the clock, making them expensive door stops.

First, revolutionary miniature marvel rx100m1 came out in summer/fall 2012. Sony rushed it, no manual existed, not even online. No books yet either.

Many thought they were high quality Point and Shoot, used Auto, and came back from expensive vacations with lots of blurred photos. A great machine crippled by it's lack of good IS and it defaulting to 1/30th most of the time. I had to learn S mode to use 1/60th handheld default (ever thankful since) to get results, and put together my rx100m1 11 page super-condensed manual for me and my friend Sue so I could help her over the phone, she lived in Florida, me in NJ.

Made it available here, and after many requests, I added a 3 page Learning Guide, 14 pages total.  I have sent it to several hundred people (it's irrelevant these days)

Also, I hate to lose to a machine, especially a great one with features I want,

so, I learned to RTFM. So many don't, rather than criticize them, I decided long ago, they need help using these complicated beasts and, my lousy memory, I benefit from having things in writing, especially when doing a full reset.

Part of it is coming up with specific thread titles that can be remembered, found in a search, and I benefit from my periodic bounces also.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI Sony Xperia XZ +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow